The AmbuPod can serve three roles
1. As a basic 1 patient (+ 1 medical attendant) carrying ambulance
2. As an advanced Ambulance (1 patient + 1 medical attendant) with life-saving devices and testing (diagnostic equipment) equipment
3. As a primary and preventive clinic that can cover a number of nearby villages to provide
(a) Daily (6 days a week) OPD services ( rural health care, rural health) (powered by solar energy)
(b) The AmbuPod as a rural health clinic/ family health center, provides support for family medicine (by improving health ensures increased man-days availability thereby ensuring rural development)
(c) 24/7 ambulance services.
The advantages of the AmbuPod
1. It is a 3 in 1 (Ambulance + Mobile Clinic + Telemedicine clinic)
2. Each AmbuPod can provide daily OPD services and 24/7 ambulance services to a cluster of 4 or more villages
3. All the equipment in it is solar powered, thereby eco-friendly and not dependent on a power grid.
4. No dedicated and expensive large ambulance driver required (saving on monthly pay)
5. Fuel consumption is very low OR zero (Daily savings on running costs)
6. In certain areas, it can be powered by an electric vehicle (further saving of daily costs)
7. It's maintenance and running costs are 1/5th to 1/10th of that of a large ambulance and so the TCO (total cost of ownership) is very low. (Most large ambulance owners have issues due to high costs of running and maintenance)
1. 24/7 ambulance services
2. 24/7 ambulance services with basic Life Support
3. 24/7 ambulance services with Advanced Life Support
4. Six days a week daily OPD services* through telemedicine*
Details, pictures and videos (incl TV spots) are available at:
The AmbuPod viewed from the right with the patent canopy closed
The AmbuPod left view with the door and patient canopy open
The AmbuPod powered by a motorcycle
Excited crowds viewing the AmbuPod at the Auto Expo 2017
The patent (pending) AmbuPod. A mobile clinic, telemedicine node and micro-ambulance (for a full-size patient, yet smaller than a mini-ambulance).Fully equipped for use as: A Primary, Preventive, Supportive and Palliative Out Patient Care Clinic; A Mini-ER; A Telemedicine node; A BLS Ambulance capable of carrying a single patient along with a medical attendant who could provide on-transit resuscitative care.
Less than 3 feet in width with a high ground clearance, the AmbuPod can go where standard 4 wheel ambulances cannot reach. Be it narrow village foot paths, slum area or the need to weave through traffic congestion the AmbuPod makes it possible to move patients quickly, economically and safely.
The AmbuPod costs 3 to 10 times less to setup and run as compared to a standard clinic with an ambulance. A single AmbuPod can replace 5 clinics. Massive savings, year after year